Seeking a designer to produce fabrication documents from concept drawings for inhouse fabrication team.
This is a salaried position. Pay dependent upon experience of applicant. Benefits include 8 paid company holidays and 9 additional paid days off per year.
Standard company schedule is Monday through Thursday from 8am-5:30pm. Friday work as required for project deadlines.
- Take concepts from designers and turn them into buildable projects
- Communicate with designers to understand each project’s primary drivers
- Communicate with fabricators to understand the best construction techniques and share important details and project drivers
- Review and receive feedback from lead fabricators regarding order of operations per project
- Create a set of construction documents for each department per project
- Create files for CNC Router
- Sketchup and Sketchup Layout
- Basic understanding of fabrication processes
- Knowledge of how materials interact and react with each other
- Experience leading projects from concept through fabrication
- Experience creating construction documents
- Experience working with CNC and/or 3D printing
- Familiarity with softwares such as: RhinoCam, Vetric Aspire CNC, Sketchup, Sketchup Layout, Fusion 360
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to self-manage